- Newly married girls are suppose put gopadma rangoli for 5 years
- Suppose to start from 1st ekadasi of aashada maasa and keep the rangoli (see below) everyday till utvana dwadasi(tulasi pooja)
1st year-33 sovtu shavigae payasa (make in a new vessel)
2nd year-33 yarriyappa
3rd year-33 muchoore
4th year-33 yeL unDe
5th year-33 kayi holigae should be done for naivedhya
- Give bagina to brothers or to a brahmin
- Give yelle adikae ccoconut,dakshinae, fruits etc
- Open swargada baagilu (see figure below).
- Give argya (33 akshate) in koLa.
- perform the pooja to the gow-padma by keeping 33 tuLsi daLa (or flowers and arshina-kumkuma).
- Keep 10 kaDle beLe for naivedhya.
- Perform 33 pradakshina namaskara (atleast 5).
Opening the swargada baagilu
- 7 days of the above procedure make it half - vrata
- should draw 33 go-padma in cow and 5 in calf.
- after doing pooja,with the help of right hand fore finger you have to remove rangoli from swargada bagilu,
- and close narakada bagilu in the same way.
- this is done do get rid of our sins,and dirga sowmangalya,with good children,and for all good luck in our life .
- in the last year of pooja give silver "govu-karu"(cow and kid) as dana if possible or affordable
page revision: 17, last edited: 03 Aug 2009 10:15