Jyothi Bhimeswara Vratha
it comes in "ashada bahula amavasya"
- its also called "pathi sanjivini vratha"
- in front of god ,on a mane , keep a plate ,spread,rice on that plate,keep 2 deepa kamba,(lighted)on it .
- keep 9 villae delle,9 adikae,9 elle gejje vastra for pooja
- tie arishina dara ,tied with 9 knot and "arishina kombu" to right side' kamba"
- keep ganapathi ,ishwara,(or mangala gowri)in the middle and do pooja
- make hasidara (with 9 knots ,apply arishina ,tie 1 flower) separetly and do pooja
- girls should do pooja and tie dara to right hands either by a purohit or by your husband
- should prepare "karigadubu, bandara "
- keep fruits,coconut bandara,karigadubu do naivedya
- keep bandara on pooja room hostilu or front door hostilu,do pooja for hostilu
- boys(brothers) are suppose to break bandara,
- keep bandara on either side of hostilu on a elle adikae dakshine,apply arishina,kukuma to hostilu
- boys should sit inside the hostilu on a manae(chapae)
- put kukuma and ganda on their forehead and do aarathi
- boys should break that bandara with elbows,by putting their legs on either side of hostilu
- girls(sisters) should also bang on their backs ,by their elbows
- read the story which is in a song form
- should prepare idli,shavigae payasa, hesaru belle kosambari ,huggi(sweet pongal)on this day.
- this pooja is done for getting a good husband by unmarried girls.
- this is done by all girls in the family.
- give "oopayana dana " to a purohith along with karigadubu.
- give arishina kukuma to ladies(muthyidae)
- married girls should do vratha for 9 years
- on the 9TH year have to do udyapane and have to give 1 pair of deepa kamba to brothers or bhramin,along with panche shalya and saree or blouse piece to athigae(sister in law)
- serve them with habbada adigae
page revision: 26, last edited: 03 Aug 2009 10:38