it comes in "shravana bahula aastami "and" rohini nakshatra"
- its also called "gokulastami"
- this will be mainly performed by vaishnavas
- its lord krishnas birth day and have to worship lord krishna.
- have to put small krishnas pada(foot steps)from front door to pooja room
- decorate mantapa with mango leaves,flowers and fruits,keep krishnas totillu or tie that in that mantapa.,and do pooja
- not to eat rice ,have to eat palahara
- have to prepare all types of bakshyas(oondae,chakkuli,tengolu etc),huliyavalakki,sihi avalakki,panaka,kosumbari, and do naivedya and also keep milk curd.
- perform the pooja in the night
- give elle adikae to a brahmin and muthiydae,along with oondae chakkuli bagina.
page revision: 11, last edited: 08 Aug 2009 16:35