- It starts from next day of badrapada bahula poornima till amavasya is called paksha maasa
- it"s also called "pithru paksha".
- this is done to give respect and rememberance to all ancestors.
- in this perood,no good work will be done.
- people will do shradda for all who have expired,they will give tarpana.for them
- after this will come "mahalaya amavasya"
(the food prepared in this period)
- 2-types of palya(hurali kayi or gori kayi,or dindina palya or bale kayi)
- gojju"s-2 types(hagala kayi ,bendae kayi)
- chutney-kayi or mothae (banana flower)chutney
- payasa-ravae or hesaru belle
- vadae and ambodae
- ravae oondae or sajjappa
on this day should call 2- brahmins and serve them with this food
give 5-ville-delle and adikae with dakshinae
page revision: 19, last edited: 28 Mar 2008 12:09