it comes on the day of "shravana shukla shrasti"
- it is celebrated next day of nagara panchami,
- its done by the mothers who have male childrens
- its done by whoever has paddathi(custom)
- have to draw siriyala with chandra on pooja room wall and do pooja .after wards have to wipe off siriyallas head region
- make all male children to sit on a hase manne and do aarathi
- prepare 5 types of anna(rice)-chitrranna,mosaranna,tupanna(ghee rice) ,sihianna,plain rice.,shavigae payasa,kosumbari
- also prepare "sopinna palya."
- give arishina ,kukuma,hoovu,to muthyidae,give elle adikae with coconut,fruits and dakshinae
- give bagina to muthiydae(married ladies)-thats whoever has male childrens,and call ladies for lunch
- put all the food thats prepared on a balle elle(banana leaf) or plate cover with another elle ,give bagina.
- those ladies will call male children as siriyala 3-times,and boys will do namaskara.
- those ladies will put akashte on male childrens head and do ashirvada.
page revision: 10, last edited: 08 Aug 2009 16:15