it comes in "shravana shudda poornima"
there are 3 types
- 1-rugveda opakarma-on the day of "shravana nakshtra"
- 2-yajur opakarma-on the day of' poornima'
- 3-samaveda opakarma-it comes in badrapada maasa ,"hasta nakshara' day
- its for all men ,they have to wear a new "janivara "on that day
- some people will perform the pojja for all rishis,and they will also perform homa.
- they will give jala(water)tarapana for all rishis and all pitrus
- have to prepare "oothu shavigae",(or shavigae payasa)chitrranna,obattu,payasa and do naivedaya
- have to prepare "satvada hittu"-means -mix hasi akki hittu,bella,grated coconut,all types of fruits(drakshi,apple,banana,sibae kayi,dalimbae),and do naivedya ,this is the prasada have to eat by all people .
- on this day men have to eat only once.and in the night eat "palahaara"
- if its first year for aaliya(son-in-law),we have to give him new clothes,mangala dravyas,janivaras,dakshinae
- if its first opakarma for a boy,have to do havana and do opakarma in a guru"s place
- prepare 5 types of'" oondae',and soak' kadale kallu' on 1st opakarma.
- give elle adikae ,dakshinae,along with 1-pair "janivara"applying kukuma to all brahmins
page revision: 13, last edited: 08 Aug 2009 16:27